Hi fellow pool players it's now a new year and time to brush up on all the skills you have learned in the past. I feel like there are a lot of players out there that are so called stuck in a rut with their game. In other words their game hasn't improved any. I think the first question is that you have to ask yourself is "how good do I want to be?" and if you answer it by saying I just want to play good. Then you'll just be a good player. If you you answer it, I want to play like a pro then you can play like a pro. I believe you have to make your mind up first. Then you have to be a great student of the game. Play lots of tournaments and practice a lot. You need to have motivation in your game. You can't just play one tournament and sit on the couch for 2 weeks and expect to play your next tournament very well. You need to stay in stroke by playing all the time. Here's a few tips for the new year to improve your game.
1. Have a firm bridge
2. Hold your swing arm loose
3. Keep your balance and bend the knees in your stance.
4. After hitting the ball keep your head down and don't pop up after a shot.
5. The most important, confidence is key!
I hope everyone has a great new year of playing pool.
- Posted by John ferguson
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please comment for me so i know how i am doing.