Ok so it seems like that there isn't alot of info on the physcological part of billiards. Maybe I'm wrong and I'm just not looking in the right places for it so I can only tell you what i have learned over the years from other pro players. If there is a book or if you want to Weigh in just email me at johnfergy106@sbcglobal.net and I'll post it on my blog. I've always heard pool is 80% mental and 20% physical. So if so why don't we spend more time on the mental part of the game? Than the physical part of it.
There alot to say for positive thinking in making your shot. For example if you come across a shot where there is a possibility of scratching. You think in your mind " I might scratch " then it might come true. But if you pick a spot mentally where you want to be for position and don't think about the obvious scratch. You will get the position you desired. So when you approach the table observe the layout. When you execute your shot have confidence in yourself. Don't let any outside distractions get in your head. People talking, an audience of people or the player your playing. Remember your not playing the player your playing he table so that should take some pressure off of you.
Following my dreams " Playing Pool "
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please comment for me so i know how i am doing.